On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Much more to learn

Another week has come and gone and I am reflecting back as I prepare my heart for Sunday morning worship. I can hardly even remember the events of last week, just going through the motions of doing many things for the first time. The first time without Marilyn. The hardest part of each day for me is the morning. Waking up alone and thinking “I can’t share my thoughts with anyone, - all the decisions I make are done in silence and alone”. Then I remember, - no, God is still here. I have His promises. He said, I will never leave you in Genesis 28 “I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.”

In the time God granted Marilyn, she taught me a great many things. Some of these things I simply took for granted thinking that Marilyn would always be there to do it for me. Marilyn was a list writer, a trait which I simply did not posses. On many occasions I attempted to make lists of tasks I needed to accomplish and things I needed to remember but invariably, I would loose the slip of paper I was writing on. Often I would start several lists, only to loose them all and then to find them long after the deadline for completion had passed. Last week I looked at the mounting pile of paperwork and wondered out loud, “how will I ever get this completed, let alone even started?” I cried out to God for help and he answered.

As I began to straighten up the kitchen counters I began finding blank notepads in every corner. Notepads that Marilyn kept for writing her lists. God reminded me that I too could begin to write things down, the way Marilyn had tried unsuccessfully to teach me. Looking at the pile of unfinished paperwork, I slowly picked up a pen and began to write. A few minutes later and I had a prioritized list. With the help of my stepmother, Lyn, I began working on one thing at a time and an amazing thing began to happen. The pile of work began to be completed and my list never once disappeared.

Today as I sit in Creston, awaiting a scrumptious Turkey thanksgiving dinner, I have a sense of accomplishment of work completed. Not everything has been finished but in my wallet is another list of things to do next week. Marilyn, you taught me well. It took almost 40 years but finally I have a list that I wrote myself and didn’t loose.

Lyn’s bathroom in Creston has a cute picture of a mischievous boy with the caption, “Please be patient, God isn’t finished with me yet.” God called Marilyn home because He had finished shaping her life into the precious jewel ready for His kingdom. For me there is still much polishing to do. The verse in Genesis is a reminder that God still has more to give, like teaching me how to write and use a list.

Bryon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Bryon
I am soooo sorry I was not there. I did not know.

My computer has been giving me fits. When I can I always come in and check the topic to see what her status is. I usually ask Dove but she has not been there. So...I just found out.

With tears streaming down my face, I want you to know I lov ya. I miss her terribly but she is in a greater place. Thank you for helping her to be part of my life. Hang in there buddy! To all your family as well.

If you need a visitor, I have a furry friend running around I would be GLAD to loan ya.

You are always welcome to PA. God bless you my friend. HUGS!!!!!

majorcarla@gmail.com