On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A big thank you

I can't begin to thank all who have sent cards, made that difficult phone call, or stopped by to offer kind words and a hug. Every word, whether spoken, written or thought, has been treasured. As time passes, memories blossom. Everywhere I look are reminders of good times and precious memories. Some bring tears and others laughter. Everyone has been so kind to offer more than just the standard condolences and for that I am grateful and truly thankful.

With the help and support of my family I have been able to face some of the hardest times of my life. I used to wonder how I would manage when this time came and now I know. Without the care and love of people close, I would not have been able to do it.

On Wednesday, October 8, the family will gather at the graveside of Marilyn's mother where we will say our last goodbyes and place Marilyn's earthly remains beside her mother. I must continually remind myself of the fact that what lies beneath the earth is not Marilyn. She has bee taken home to her prepared mansion. I now have even more to look forward to because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my place is still under construction and that I have many waiting to welcome me home. The pain of seeing that empty chair and the flat side of the bed is still heavy and will never go away but the joy of knowing that Marilyn is in the presence of the One she loved most will always comfort my heart.

I must also thank the many who have put their tribute into a contribution towards the "Children's Garden Project". Marilyn and I were constantly blessed by letters and cards from different orphans who have had their lives changed through this worthwhile ministry. Marilyn's sister, Caulene has taken on a huge task of finding funds to enable the project to continue. Plans are now underway to purchase land in a beautiful neighborhood at the edge of one of Nairobi's major slums. A deposit of 1/2 of the amount has been made towards the 6.5 million (kenya shillings) needed to obtain the property. 6.5 KES (shillings) is the equivalent of aproximately $90,000 US. So far the donations towards Marilyn's tribute fund have totaled more than $2200, and another $10,000 has been pledged. Both Caulene and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Helping others live a positive and productive life was Marilyn's passion and I know she would be ecstatic at the thought of providing a permanent home for these needy lives. If you feel compelled to help in this way, the project has been left as an open fund through the Olds First Baptist Church. The information as to how you can contribute is written in the sidebar to the left of this post. Simply scroll down until it appears on your screen.

Hugs and thanks to all
Bryon

No comments: