On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where is your treasure?

It is Saturday morning, I am lying in bed typing away on my laptop and missing Marilyn.  I know that I need to get on with my life and I must say that I am doing that - but sometimes remembering is hard.  Saturdays were always special for us.  We had our special breakfast spot.  I could always entice Marilyn to get up a bit earlier if we were going out for breakfast.  On the way we would often stop at a few garage sales.  Marilyn was a drive by garage sale shopper and I liked to browse through the back corners through dusty old boxes looking for treasures.  I miss those days.

Yesterday I noticed a family setting up their trash in the driveway.  Trash that was once their treasure.  Trash that would possibly become someone else's treasure.  It made me think about life.  We have a lot of trash in our closets.  Trash that needs to be discarded. Trash that we probably consider to be and hold on to as a treasure.  We need to clean out the dark and dusty corners of our life and set the trash out on our life's driveway where all can see.  Someone might just come along and turn that old trash into a beautiful treasure. God has a way of doing just that.  In the book of Matthew Chapter 6, we are given some really good advice - it says -  
  • 19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
I think I will get up and go out for a drive.  Maybe I will find a treasure or two. It is still morning here.

Bryon

1 comment:

Don said...

Hi Bryon, just wanted to let you know that I will periodically visit your blog, and I really enjoy hearing your stories about Marilyn... They really remind me how sweet she was...

I miss her so much, I was thinking about you and her while I was driving through a local tourism area where the maple trees have now turned to a million colors and thought about how amazing God's paintings are... I know the site of all those trees glistening in the sun would have sparked Marilyn's attention... She acknowledged beauty when she saw it didn't she?

Please keep writing as it brings me comfort...