On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fathers Day

Tomorrow is Fathers Day - I haven't written anything since April.  It is hard to believe that so much time has passed.  Often I think of Marilyn's online friends and wonder how they are doing. Seeing some new notes from old friends did my heart good today.

I'm looking forward to a visit from my grandson tomorrow afternoon.  It seems that every time I see him he has grown a few more inches and can do something new.  I'm looking forward to being part of each new phase in his life.

With the end of the school year only a week away I am wondering how I will find spending my first summer holiday alone.  Today I hosted the annual garage sale and I must admit that there were some very hard times and memories that flooded over me as I watched strangers picking over some of the last things I remembered Marilyn using.  Even though it was hard to see I am still thankful for the memories.  Memories that I can and will always hold on to.

I must admit that the last two months have been quite exhausting.  There were so many little things that I could always depend on Marilyn for - even when she was hardly able to move from her bed she supported me with her heart.  I think these are the things I miss the most.  The end of a school year is always
full of extra details but this year I noticed each one with a great intensity I have never felt before.  Often staying at school late into the evening I would think "I might as well finish off my work at school rather than go home to an empty house".  Late nights at school are definitely not new to my schedule and Marilyn certainly didn't like it when I stayed.  Even though she hated it, I could always feel her silent and quiet support knowing that soon the summer would allow us to relax and enjoy some free time.

Well the free time is almost here again and I have never been more ready for it to arrive.  The minute that last bell rings I will be out the door and on my way to freedom for a few weeks.  This summer will find me at my fav
orite pastime - traveling.  I have talked Lyn (my step mother) and Ardith (Marilyn's cousin) to join me on a road / train trip through the rocky mountains ending up with a week in Vail Colorado.  We even plan to take in an American Idol Tour Concert. Unfortunately I will miss my sister and brother in laws visit to Calgary the first week of July but it will force me to make sure the house if clean and ready for visitors as they will be staying here in my absence.  

I plan to spend the last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks August back at home relaxing and then take in a Jazz course at
 the University of Manitoba to prepare for school opening just before school opens again at the end of August.  If  anyone has a hankering to go for a trip to Calgary I would love to hear from you.  My home is an open door for anyone who needs
 a place to rest their head for a few days. just let me know and I will be happy to host.  my email is brseeley@cbe.ab.ca


Well it took me so long to write this it is already Fathers Day.  I guess I need to hurry up and go to sleep so I can dream some sweet thoughts of my little Easton.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Bryon

No comments: