On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wow - A whole month has flown by and I haven't written a thing here.  It isn't that I haven't stopped by at all.  I often drop in just to see if  anyone has been here - and to remember.  It is a place that has seemed to stand still in time for me.  A place where the memories are still fresh -  some beautiful and others difficult.  A place where the tears still flow but still a place I feel the need for.

I wonder though - Does anyone ever read what I write?  My message / chat board sits there black and empty like an old blackboard in an abandoned classroom.  I left It up and available with the thought that I might hear back from whoever drops by.  One thing I have found over the years as a teacher is that if I ever leave a piece of chalk out on the ledge of my blackboard (or nowadays - a marker for the whiteboard) that not a day goes by that I don't get messages plastered all over my nice clean board from those who pass by.

Speaking of teaching - I have gone back.  Most days (and evenings) you will find me busy working in one of my two classrooms, either systematically answering a myriad of techno questions from students concerning their projects or sitting behind my computer screen planning and designing my next lesson.  As the month of January whizzed by I hardly even noticed that we had a sun in the sky.  I rose early, left for school in the dark, worked all day in a windowless classroom and then drove home in a sea of traffic under  a dark sky.  I finally got out in the daytime just yesterday to find that - yes the sun does still exist and in fact the days are once again a bit longer.  Spring is peeking around the corner.  After being so heavily submersed in school life again - I am looking forward to some break time.  Teachers convention and family day in just 2 weeks and then Spring Break in March and a trip to sunny California with my kids.  

These days I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first grandchild and in true Seeley fashion he is taking his time and over a week late already.  Tonight we have a dinner out planned with the whole family and I am hoping that this little one will stay put for a few more hours so we can enjoy our dinner together.  After that he is welcome to pop out at any time.  We are all quite tired of waiting for him.

Well I must get on with my day as it will be filled with many extras like house cleaning, family visits and of course the never ending stack of marking for report card deadline that looms just around the corner.  But please take the time to drop me a quick note.  I do want to hear from you and it helps quell the loneliness I still feel every day.

Chow for now
Bryon  

2 comments:

Don said...

Seems that black chat window isn't functioning correctly. I could not get it to display my posts...

So I'll try here instead.

I was trying to say that yes I visit this blog frequently from within my own blog. It is listed on the right hand column of my own blog so that I can see when it gets updated. Along with other friends who write blogs I come when there is an update...

Besides that, I write for myself not for others. If people happen to drop in and read what I wrote then all the merrier. It doesn't hurt that people also occasionally click on my advertisements and I get income from it :) But that's beside the point...

Unknown said...

oho good dear !!!! very interesting blog and a good posting !!! you must maintain your blog, its interesting !!! Nice Buddy
________________________________

Research Paper Sample