On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Sunday, September 21, 2008

It is Sunday again.  I haven't been able to attend church in over a month.  Thankfully I have friends willing to meet me there today and sit with me so I don't have to sit alone.  What a difference when you have caring friends.  

As I sat at home preparing to return to a place that meant so much to Marilyn, I am wondering how it will feel to enter as a single person.  I haven't been single since high school, and then I was never alone, yes we all need friends.  It doesn't matter what age we are - being single and alone is a very depressing feeling.   

I am so glad for my faith.  I will trust in the promise "I will never leave you or forsake you".  I am so glad I can talk to Jesus when I am lonely.  Today I read in my bible - 

The God of All Comfort - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  

Comforting others is not an easy task.  Marilyn has taught me much about what a person needs in order to feel comforted.  I hope I can comfort others as well as she could.

No comments: