On a recent trip to Africa, Caulene Bussard, Marilyn’s sister and world missionary stumbled upon a struggling ministry to the many orphaned children in Nairobi Kenya called “The Children’s Garden”, founded by Moses Ndung’u (Daddy Moses). Without outside help many of these children would not survive. Caulene felt compelled to help and began a project with Slovack children and their families in Bratislavia to raise funds so these needy children could have their basic needs taken care of and at the same time receive an education. As more funds were raised, more children arrived, creating an even greater need. As of today there are far more needy children than funds to provide them even basic needs. Marilyn often wished she could do more to help and now she can – Through You! Please give generously to this worthy project
Click here for more information about the Children's Garden



Our Sweet Easton

Easton's Debut

Bulletin Board - Leave A Message ----- Scroll down & Click on chat

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Resting in the Love of Jesus

I have hardly ever felt as exhausted as I did last night.  All of my responsibilities and duties began to weigh heavily on my shoulders.  Unfinished paper work still lays strewn around the house in seemingly every corner as I continue to put off one thing for something of greater importance.  I have planned city wide events, and major trips involving extravagant details for others ... but this... I want those who attend Marilyn's Celebration of Life to go away really knowing who she was and what she represented.  She never wanted to be in the limelight. She never wanted glory. Her whole life was focused on others.

I have asked Ardith, Marilyn's childhood friend, close cousin and now my confidant to honor her with a special tribute.  We spent the afternoon together reminiscing - crying over some stories and laughing through many.  There are so many stories - which ones to include???  I know those of you reading this will have many stories of your own and I wish we could share them all.  It was a grueling day for us both but as we waded through story after story, experience after experience, one tribute said it all.  It came from one of Marilyn's many internet friends - Don Millette.  

Don met Marilyn through the original chatting network called IRC (Internet Relay Chat) developed primarily for the military.  Long before WWW (world wide web) existed and computers were only able to display text, Marilyn and I discovered the fascinating world of internet chat, a world that Marilyn soon became attached to.  I would watch in amazement while she put her multitasking skills to the test, managing to carry on 4 or 5 separate conversations and at the same time assist our kids with their homework.  It was here on the internet band waves that Marilyn discovered her real niche.  When she became ill and handicapped, it was the internet that kept her connected to the rest of the world.  I don't think I will ever know exactly how many lives have been changed as a result of Marilyn's gentle ways with people.   She met every kind of person you can imagine, some soft and warm like Marilyn and others who were hard and calloused.  Some who were sweet and innocent and others who were manipulative and dangerous.  Marilyn would listen intently to every one, often offering a shoulder to cry on, advise and often a place to vent frustrations.  Don summed up much of what Marilyn did in those long and often lonely hours in spent front of her computer screen.  I have posted his open letter to myself and our boys so you too can read it by clicking here. It will be read again at her Celebration of Life service of rejoicing.  This letter captures the true nature of Marilyn's focus on life.  Thank you Don for writing it so eloquently.  I will treasure this forever.

While I am on the subject of thanking people, I can't forget the members of our church care group.  Since Marilyn's passing I have been treated as only royalty should.  Meals have been brought hot and steaming to my door and just yesterday free lawn care service.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me in this way,  I pray that God will give you  a special blessing for following in the footsteps of Jesus by offering me such a great service.

Today I will rest and give thanks to God for His many blessings.

Bryon  

No comments: